Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Class of 2014 YA Superlatives: Day 2--Popularity Contest





The Class of 2014: YA Superlative Blogfest (hosted by Jessica LoveTracey NeithercottAlison Miller, and Katy Upperman) runs Monday, December 15th through Thursday, December 18th and will highlight favorite books published in 2014 using a variety of fun superlative categories. See the host's pages for the categories of each day and to join the link-up!

My 2014 Reads This Year: 


Popularity Contest – Tuesday, December 16th 



Class Clown--Noah, The Raven BoysAt least occasionally.  And those are the parts I choose to focus on.



Villain I Love to Hate--Rob Lynburn, Unmade. Classic evil dude.  UGH.

Fashion King and/or Queen--Kami Glass, Unmade.  I love that Kami is smart and weird and loud and has the cutest clothes, all at the same time.  (Of course, that's par for the course with SRB.  Like I said.  Hella feminist.)

Favorite Parental Figure--Jon Glass, UnmadeWho are we all going to choose for this category next year?















Most Likely to Start a Riot--Jared Lynburn/Ronan Lynch, Unmade/Blue Lily, Lily Blue--Um, especially if they were in the same place at the same time.  I'll let you imagine that scenario.  You're welcome.




Coolest Nerd--Zelia, Control--Zelia is an old-school nerd--she spends a lot of time in a lab, working with DNA.  But she's doing it to try and save her sister--what's cooler than that?
 







 

 Character I’d Most Want For a BFF--Becca, One, Two, Three--I think I've written before about my love for Becca.  She's got her own life and her own issues, but she always makes time for Nata, even when Nata is prickly.  
 

Character I Wish I’d Dated in High School--Jack, Push Girls--Jack is a sweet boy with a brain full of trivia, who loves Kara and thinks she's beautiful--full stop.  Who tells her how great she is and looks out for her (because he cares about her, not because he thinks she can't take care of herself) and is a great all-around cheerleader?  Why didn't he live in Schenectady, NY circa 2001?

 

Most Likely to Become President--Charlotte, Everything Leads to You--Charlotte is my kind of gal.  She's super-organized, professional, and all-around awesome.  I know she plans to work in museums, but...you never know.  
 
Quirkiest Character--Toby, Everything Leads to You--Even though we don't see much of Toby, he pops.  His love of films, his special iced tea arrangement with the Ethiopian place around the corner, his demand that Emi does something epic while she's borrowing his apartment--quirky to a T.

10 comments:

  1. I love Elodie's Becca too, and PUSH GIRL is amazing! I hadn't thought of Noah as Class Clown, but now that you mention it, I can totally see it! Great choices, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a diehard optimist, so I cling to the little bits of fun tossed in among the catastrophes. Noah seems to get a high percentage of those (which is what makes me love him, which is what makes me very anxious for him...)

      Delete
  2. Noah does have his moments, that's for sure. I love his character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so nervous for what will happen to him in book four!!!

      Delete
  3. I agree with so many of these (even though I chose differently!), especially Charlotte and Becca! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love characters (especially girls) who are so tough and unflappable. I simultaneously want to be them and want to be their BFFs!

      Delete
  4. Aww, you are warming my heart with this love for Jack! Thank you so much! <3

    LOL at Noah for Class Clown. SO true. And seriously...what WILL we do without Kami's dad?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! We were totally on the same page with Jack and Becca lol. I really, really, really need to get to UNMADE soon. It's been to long since I last spent time with those awesome characters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it so much. But you may want to set aside some uninterrupted, NOT-IN-PUBLIC time to read it. This is not a spoiler at all, given that it's by Sarah Rees Brennan, but it is as completely devastating as it is funny and lovely.

      Delete

Thanks for coming by! Please chime in!